Funding For Your Play Area, Appeal Letter TipsTuesday, 16th April 2013 12:00 am
Securing funding for your playground project can be a difficult, tiresome process. That’s why it is always nice to get tips and advice that can help you secure the playground of your dreams.
Once all of your planning and research is complete, the next step is to write a successful funding application letter that will persuade funders to accept your bid.
Writing a good funding appeal letter may seem daunting but here are some tips to help you as you begin to write your application.
After all, if you don’t ask properly, you won’t get anything!
Key starting points
- Make sure that you address your application to the correct person.
- Personalise your application to each individual funder.
- Use a clear font with a simple layout and structure.
- Use a clear, catchy and appropriate title.Writing styleBe passionate and enthusiastic about the project.
- Be emotional.
- Be interesting and fresh.
- Be different (stand out from the rest).
- Keep it simple and don’t waffle! Short, concise, to the point sentences.
- Make it as exciting as possible from the start.
- Use active language such as: “this project will” not “this project could”.
- Illustrate how the project will make a difference and focus on the positive outcomes that will come from the funding.
- Make it personal using ‘we’ and ‘us’. This will make them feel involved in the project.
- Tell a story to allow funders to relate to the project.
- Tell them the benefits of the project and how it will help people.
- Case studies of previous projects will back your application up – show your success stories!
- Proof read it over and over again using numerous people (fresh eyes might pick on something that you have missed).
- Always check for consistency.
- Say thank you!!
- Invite the funders to your grand opening and send them photographs of the finished site.
If you follow these tips and get your funding application letter perfect, it may give you that extra edge to help you receive the funding that you need.
You can request a copy of our comprehensive Funding Guide for plenty more tips, advice and funding sources to help you get the playground of your dreams.