At Playdale Playgrounds we are a dynamic family-run, international business currently exporting to more than 50 countries through a distributor network, who designs, manufactures, and installs fun, exciting, outdoor playground equipment. We pride ourselves on creating exciting, innovative, and educational outdoor play equipment that makes children smile all over the world.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Production Manager who is looking for a senior management role within an SME where you can make change and develop your team across multi-disciplines (steel and timber processes) on two sites. You will be recognised as the go to manager and have a proven fabrication or manufacturing background. Key aspects of this highly varied role will be developing manufacturing processes, whilst overseeing the whole manufacturing process. This position represents a fantastic opportunity to grow an international SME business.
The role would suit a Production Manager with shop floor experience, with the key requirements being:
- Ability for the overall daily production planning and staff organisation to fulfil OTIF and operational KPIs.
- Providing analysis, recommendations and actions which drive high performance and continual improvement of Playdale product quality, on-time delivery, profit maximisation and safety performance.
- Ensuring Health & Safety policy is maintained, and culture developed.
- Ensuring that systems are developed, maintained, and operate in tandem by standards to produce a ‘turn-key’ operation.
- Manage and motivate direct reports, ensuring that optimal production output is achieved in a safe environment and providing exceptional service for internal and external customers.
- Defining problems, finding solutions that work, developing and implementing policy, and making decisions about change.
- Ensuring all processes have required tools, equipment, jigs and production aides to ensure efficient and accurate production of all parts, liaising with Production and Technical teams as required.
Likely to already be a successful Production Manager with a proven track record, ideally having a manufacturing background and being conversant with the latest innovative manufacturing techniques.
Have a can-do attitude with an ability to find solutions via proven skills in Lean and CI tools.
Energetic, initiative-taking, with a passion to engage your team in the pursuit of excellence and innovation in pursuit.
Strong analytical skills having the ability to deal with substantial amounts of complex data.
Must be highly organised and results-oriented with a ‘strong’ quality and H&S ethos.
If you think the above sounds like you and you would thrive on a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
What do we offer in return?
25 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays. Additional days holiday for birthdays ending with a zero and long service.
Private Healthcare & Employee Assistance programme
Store discounts + benefits portal
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £51,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Store discounts
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 26/08/2022