They’re the Pride of Playdale!Thursday, 5th January 2017 3:43 pm
The last working day at Playdale before the Christmas break saw the inaugural ‘Pride of Playdale’ Awards where the unsung heroes of Playdale were nominated by their colleagues for a variety of awards.
The aim of this new event was to recognise all our exceptional employees who have demonstrated outstanding actions and attitude over the course of the past year, which their colleagues felt were worthy of recognition. Nominations were steadily received during the weeks leading up to Christmas which highlighted that there have been many team members across the company who stood out to their colleagues, through their efforts and achievements.
The categories were;
Support of Colleagues
Innovation & Creativity
Pride of Playdale (Lifetime Achievement Award)
The judging panel had an extremely hard job ahead of them and were quick to point out on the day of the award ceremony that ALL nominees were winners, and huge congratulations were given to each and every one.
However, there had to be individual category winners and here are the results:
- Community Focused – David Whiteside, Area Manager for the South West of England
- Customer Service – Max Walker, Area Manager for the North East of England
- Innovation and Creativity – Nicola Jacques, Purchase Ledger Controller
- Support of Colleagues – Jamie Martin, Design Engineer
- Outstanding Team – Customer Care Team
- Pride of Playdale (Lifetime Achievement Award) – Mick O’Doherty, Premises & Facilities Manager
Prizes were awarded, speeches were made… then the last day celebrations resumed and were enjoyed by all in true festive spirit!
We’re already looking forward to getting started with the 2017 nominations… a little bit later on in the year!