Our Production department has an immediate opening for a wagon driver to transfer finished goods between our three sites in Haverthwaite, Ulverston and our Global Distribution Centre in Lindal-in-Furness.
You would be responsible for effectively and safely fulfilling deliveries timely and accurately to schedule. Ensuring the vehicle is serviced and maintained as per the service and maintenance service schedule.
You must have a clean driving licence and hold a valid CPC licence.
You must be reliable, well-organised and have exceptional time management.
High interaction is involved with all members of the team, so a good understanding of customer service and communication skills are essential.
Manual handling activities are required so RTITB (or equivalent) approved certificate for Fork Lift Truck use would be desirable.
Our creative Technical Department currently has an immediate opening for Design Engineers with strong mechanical engineering skills. The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out duties including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Technical Manager, and collaborate with design/purchasing and workshop/assembly teams on design projects.
Responsible for the technical design and implementation of new products as well as improving and maintaining our extensive range of existing products.
This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
- Ensuring that product development and design consider cost, effectiveness, ease of manufacture and safety, ensuring it meets the current adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Guaranteeing customer service in everything you do, providing expert advice to your customers in a friendly manner to deliver service, with the desire to exceed internal/external customer expectations.
- Use specialised software to create models and drawings of products.
- Updating and maintaining stock records and BOMs.
- Research new materials and methods of development.
- Organise and maintain existing engineering records.
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Solidworks software packages or similar would be an advantage
- Must be able to think creatively, innovatively with impeccable attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of metal and wood fabrication processes
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinator and problem solve effectively
- Strong analytical skills, having the ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Must have a strong quality ethos
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar) desirable but not essential
Please forward your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 27th October 2017
Are you a Production Planner with experience in a manufacturing/logistics environment?
Are you confident organising jobs and compiling detailed working schedules?
Do you ensure goods manufactured are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications?
- Review and action the MRP recommendations on a daily basis to OTIF and production cell efficiencies.
- Manage the capacity of the production areas so that manning levels are appropriate for the volume of work and to ensure that the capacity can be meet the operational agreed KPIs.
- To review plan and highlight production issues to Production Manager via analytical reporting.
- Liaises with Sales Admin Team to determine customer requirements.
- Plan and prioritise operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Liaises with Team Leaders to address issues when they arise to ensure minimum disruption.
- Monitors project’s progress to ensure it’s following the schedule.
- Assisting Production Manager in adjusting MRP parameters and system settings.
- Organises project paperwork and maintains records.
- Must possess strong IT skills and be proficient MS Excel user.
- Ability to operate and understand MRP systems.
- A clear understanding of manufacturing and production processes, Lean and CI concepts would be an advantage.
- Understanding of business operations.
- Can compile detailed working schedules, must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Effective supervisory and communication skills with proven negotiating skills.
- Project work experience.
- Supply chain and distribution management knowledge.
- Quality control experience.
- Must be highly organised and results orientated, with a ‘strong’ quality ethos.
Please forward your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com by the 29th September 2017.
- Perform welding duties using a tig welder.
- Use of a wide range of fabrication machinery.
- Using jigs to fabricate parts.
- Read, understand and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings and works order instruction.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards.
The Person: Relevant experience in production / manufacturing preferred but not essential. The ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible “can do” attitude to work and good work ethic is essential. Must have the ability to undertake manual handling duties. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Possess a good understanding of welding equipment and welding accessories. Familiar with a variety of welding concepts, practices, and procedures.
This is a permanent, full-time position based at our Ulverston factory (38 hrs per week). Apply with a full C.V. to HR Department, Playdale Playgrounds Ltd, Haverthwaite, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 8AE or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org