Environmental Policy Statement
Playdale Playgrounds Ltd objective is to create a climate of excellence not only in our products and/or services, but also for our employees, persons affected by our activities and the environment. In order to achieve this the following policy has been established
We will manage our activities to minimise wherever practicable their effect on the environment. In this we are committed at all levels and within all functions of the organisation to continual improvement. Environmental regulations and laws will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance. We recognise that this will only be achieved through regular monitoring of our environmental performance against objectives regulated by a committed management team.
- We will endeavour to identify risks of pollution arising from any of our activities, or products which shall then be either eliminated or effectively controlled to meet all regulatory requirements.
- The company shall consider the environmental impacts of it’s products at all stages of their life cycle- from design to manufacturing, customer use and finally disposal and shall carry out an appraisal of the environmental effects when sourcing raw materials.
- The company shall endeavour to reduce waste to the lowest practicable level ensuring safe and responsible disposal of waste created, wherever possible we shall ensure that waste materials are disposed of in and environmentally sound manner.
- We will implement this policy through guidelines and training and advocate employee involvement in all environmental matters.
- The company shall set environmental targets and goals designed to improve our environmental performance, ensuring that adequate resources are provided to achieve these objectives.
- We shall ensure that products and/or services supplied or provided by third parties can be used, handled, stored and disposed of in a manner which safeguards the environment and the health and safety of all.
- We shall ensure that any persons working on our behalf are made aware of and agree to comply with this policy and any other relevant environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice.
- We will conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of our performance in implementing this policy and complying with all applicable legislation. Maintaining a regular review of this policy particularly in light of any new knowledge, changing legislation or public concerns.