Playdale Playgrounds – Privacy Statement
Although most of our customers are businesses, some of the account information submitted to us, and maintained by us, could be used to identify or relate to an individual (“personal data”) rather than a business.
Playdale Playgrounds Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unrelated ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might.
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with supplier network in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, our distributors and surfacing subcontractors.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from 25th May 2018 and will be reviewed annually or if legislation changes necessitate it.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your playground when you engage with our website, contact our office or sales staff. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Name (including title)
3. Phone number
4. Email address
5. Playground information (including location, dimensions, current equipment, surfacing and warranty/repair information)
6. The date and time you used our services
8. The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
9. Your IP address
10. The internet browser and devices you are using
12. The website address from which you accessed our website
13. Details of any transactions between you and us
14. Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), company details (some of which we may obtain from online or public business directories)
15. Voice recordings where you leave a message
16. ‘Live Chat’ records
17. Any information within correspondence you send to us
What data we do not hold
1. Credit or debit card details
2. Sensitive personal data (e.g. ethnic origin, sexual orientation etc)
Why do you receive an email from us?
If you have received one or more emails from us, it means that:
(a) your email address is on our list of customers or prospective customers
(b) you have provided us with your email address so that we could contact you
How do we use this information?
Playdale will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you)
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing that is necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us
2. To provide technical support and services (for example warranty services)
Processing that is necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs
3. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, processes are more useful and efficient (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally)
4. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with a customer survey after we have performed a task for you) so that we can better understand you as a customer and improve our customer experiences. We will only send marketing communications to you relevant to your market and if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph below.
Processing that is necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
5. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, or requested a brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
6. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
7. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us.
8. To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications.
9. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
10. To contact you when your local Area Sales Manager changes or their contact details change.
Processing that is necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
11. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
12. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
13. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
14. To inform you of updates to our terms & conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with our supplier network in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and with third party suppliers who fulfil business activities overseas should your order be destined for export. (This does not apply to customers in England.)
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship. Due to the length our warranties we do need to hold details for a substantial period.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
What to do if you have a complaint or would like to access your personal data we hold?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org